The establishment of this undertaking originates from the persistent work of the Russian citizen Mr. VCEVOLOD KANONNIKOFF, who started out in navigation in Paraguay in 1926, with a wooden vessel that he built himself and called “La Esperanza”, registered with the National License N° 42, in the year 1927.
In 1992 the new National Constitution was enacted. The same one, in its Art. 107, prohibited the establishment of monopolies, so consequently, via the mentioned constitutional article, the possibility to establish companies in domains previously restricted per law were opened to the private sector in general.
Finding himself in this situation and having a favourable legal framework for first time, Mr. SVIATOSLAV KANONNIKOFF ANISIMOFF began to work on the idea of establishing a Private Port, since he disposed of family-owned estates, which constituted an ideal physical location for the development of the project. What drove him was the idea of the complementation and integration of Paraguay with the countries of the River Plate Basin, the necessity to contribute to the integration in the Mercosur... Read more.